Does free will exist ?
It’s a 3.5 minute read.
What is free will ?
According to Cambridge Dictionary, it’s ‘the ability to decide what to do independently of any outside influence’
Is your free will is a choice or is it predetermined ?
I am sure it is predetermined.
It’s a complicated and confusing subject for a short discussion but I make it simpler by some basic examples.
- When you were born you couldn’t choose your parents.
- Neither you gave your free will to your parents.
- Neither you could choose your gender or even color.
- Being born,physically challenging is not because you choose this.
- Your parents decided your siblings
- Your parents decided your schooling and not you.
- Your joining a college,getting a degree,getting employment,your salary are all decided by somebody else.
- You being a good or bad character is decided by your status of ‘Karma’.
- You are governed by the laws of your country.
- If you are a religious person,you can’t go against scriptures.
- Diseases entertain you uninvited and overwhelms you with complications.
- At any given part of your life, you are dependent on somebody for something.
- Your very thoughts in your brain are because of some unknown factors influencing your intellect.
- Even marriages are made in Heaven
- You being fertile or barren is not in your hands.
- Your choice of food is determined by un-explainable triggers from your brain.
- You develop bad habits,because of somebody or some problem…not because of your free will.
- Your habits are forced upon you by your thoughts from un-explainable chemical forces acting on your mind.
- You don’t die out of free will.Suicides too happen because of some situations,not because of free will. If I go a step beyond humans…
- Why Planets never deviate their path ?
The ‘free will’ which you think to possess is nothing but your ‘perception’.
Then why are you not in a mood to accept the fact that there is no such thing as ‘Free will’ ?
At least try to live happily….the life given to you by the Almighty, since by now I convinced you about your claim of ‘Free will’
“Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure”. Scott Adams
What is that I am trying to impress ?
Whatever you do in your life time is ‘Predetermined’.This is law of universe.Every step you take is based on Action-Reaction principle depending on your Karma.
In other words when you feel that you are doing things at your free will,remember this thought of yours( free will ) is based on some unknown forces acting on your brain to think that way.Simply put ‘ Free will ‘ is a MAYA ( illusion).
You are only fooling yourself if you think that Free will is at your disposal.
“Nothing in the universe happens by chance or accident.The universe is a coherent concurrence and interaction of innumerable conditions attendant on the infinite number of energy patterns.
In the state of awareness,all this is obvious and can be clearly seen and known.
Outside that level of awareness,it could be likened to innumerable,invisible magnetic fields which automatically coalesce or repel one’s position and which interact according to the positions and relative strengths and polarities.Everything influences everything else and is in perfect balance. David R.Hawkins
Please share your thoughts.