Blogger Award goes to…..

Blogger recognition awards

“In the end it’s about the work,not an award you get for the work”. Linda Fiorentino

Bloggers Recognition Awards

There are 8 questions.

You can help me by answering and thus enriching my limited knowledge of blogosphere….because I am a bit confused about these too many awards.( I am too young in the blogging world ).
1.Who creates these awards ? And any criteria ?
2.Do you endorse the blogger recognition awards ?
3.Is it not a fact that each blogger is distinctive and none needs prodding ?
4.Do you get excited when you are nominated ?
5.Are you disappointed because your blog’s name is not mentioned in the awardee list ?
6.Do you consider these awards,

• Childish,
  • Amateurish
  • Highly mature thoughts
  • Motivational

7.Why all the differently named blogger awards have similar set of rules ? Any strange coincidence ??
8.In spite of the rule insisting that, the one given the award should nominate 5-10 other bloggers,many said those who are reading the post are automatically nominated ( violation ? ) 🤔

Blogger’s Reaction

I have come across bloggers,

• who got aroused,thrilled and appreciated these awards and took part with all the enthusiasm,and are grateful.
  • some politely said a ‘simple thank you’ and never proceeded with the award rituals.
  • Some acknowledged but bluntly refused to take part, openly telling so..
  • Some refused even to acknowledge.

Which is appropriate in the present blogosphere atmosphere ? Please guide me.

Some of the awards being circulated in WordPress blogosphere are

• Mystery blogger award
  • Sunshine blogger award
  • Special blogger award
  • Versatile blogger award
  • Unique blogger award
  • Barnabas award
  • My VLF best book blogger award.
  • Gerber blogger award
  • Awesome blogger award
  • Disability blogger award
  • Leibster blogger award.
  • Blogger recognition award.
  • The real neat blogger award
  • Beautiful blogger award.

Did I get Some of these awards ?

Yes.I did get and I am thankful to the persons who gave me some of the above mentioned awards.

What was my reaction ?

Not sure why, but I lost interest as time passed.I still think and feel it’s a good idea to encourage the beginners but the question & answer series I felt funny,but interesting.

Whether you get awards or not….

“Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else”. Margaret Mead

What is your opinion ?

Please share your thoughts.

17 comments for “Blogger Award goes to…..

1. January 29, 2020 at 11:41 am

Frankly speaking, I don’t know who gives these awards, and on what basis. What is the rationale behind giving these awards, and to whom?

2. January 29, 2020 at 12:06 pm

Thank you Sandomina.My guess is any blogger can start by giving a name of his own/her own and start awarding fellow bloggers

3. January 29, 2020 at 1:58 pm

To tell you the truth when I started off blogging I was excited to get these awards though I never understood the why’s and who really creates these awards. Then as and when the writing increased I thought of it as a pain as I needed to reciprocate and nominate other fellow bloggers to continue the cycle. Now I’m least bothered about it , I just answer them and skip nominating others for it.

• January 29, 2020 at 2:12 pm

Thank you Savitha for your thoughts.
      A kind of chain reaction to sustain the fun ! 😄
      Once you accept the award,are you not bound by the rule to nominate others , though it’s pain in the Ass 😁( which you put it diplomatically )

4. January 29, 2020 at 3:28 pm

I do like getting them, but not a lot in one go. I feel like when I haven’t had one for a while, there’s a nice joy when you are nominated.

5. January 29, 2020 at 8:41 pm

Why should it be about awards when I had asked for at least 20 different people to look and follow my blog. Help others also to become the best that they can be. Check out jameskmoney.wordpress.com.

6. January 30, 2020 at 4:21 pm

“And on the eighth day, God created Bloggers Awards – and said, “This should keep them occupied for a while.”

I certainly appreciate that someone has taken the opportunity to nominate me and such when I receive one. I found for the first few that nominating others was a huge challenge and consumed a fair amount of time. I haven’t gotten any recently, which is okay.

I guess in one way, they are a method of encouraging each other which is a good thing.

Now, if they only came with a monetary prize!!

• January 31, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Thank God,God has created the Bloggers awards.
      Thank God it’s Friday in India.
      It’s a nice feeling always if some one is pampered.
      As you rightly put it nominating other bloggers is a challenging and time consuming part of the job.
      Wishing you many more awards
      I had many smiles for your monetary prize component😆😆.Wish some philonthropist goes through our blog posts

• January 31, 2020 at 3:13 pm

And it’s Friday here in Canada too, although a cold one.

I do apprecaite the awards when someone takes the time to think of me. And it is nice to read the response of other bloggers. Gives a bit of insight to who they are.

And yes, still praying that someone reads our stuff and comes through with a few $$.

7. Ravisingh
    February 1, 2020 at 7:03 pm

I keep myself away from such awards because i dnt believe in such awards.
    I believe in-Do your best and let life do the rest.Incidentlly, this is the name of my latest book available on Kindle ebook! I invite you to read this book.

• February 1, 2020 at 7:08 pm

Thank you & congratulations for being the author of ‘Do your best and let the life do the rest’. Sure to check this.Thank you for your kindness.

8. Ravisingh
    February 1, 2020 at 7:11 pm

Cheers to you! I will await your feedback.

9. May 1, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Congratulations and be safe. Have a great weekend.