Life is too short,Read quickly !

Can you answer ? ( Question series no-41 )

For Long reads usually I mention approximate time taken for reading the post.

It’s up to the readers to decide whether to read or not depending upon their available time.

I am also thankful for the appreciation and comments I get from the readers.

Majority of my readers are kind and encouraging and many help me get that extra knowledge through their discussions.

And I am proud to say that many solved my question series puzzle and gave clarity to my thoughts.

I am grateful.

But some times I get ‘likes’….next second of my publishing the post,though the post requires minimum 2 to 3 minutes to read.

This makes me confused.I start wondering.

1.What do you think the purpose of these kinds of ‘Likes’ ?

2.What is that one can achieve ?

3.Is this a clever strategy ?

4.Or it’s convenient ?

Thank you in advance.

28 comments for “Life is too short,Read quickly !

1. January 20, 2020 at 11:09 am

People are lazy😄 or they want their presence felt by liking and putting their name in the notifications list but dont want to make an effort to read the point you ate making through the post I guess

2. January 20, 2020 at 11:12 am

Life is about finding out your purpose and doing your best to do it.

• January 20, 2020 at 11:18 am

Thank you Jamaso_hames. Could not agree more regarding your thoughts on purpose of life.
      I was wondering about the humans ability to read fast….that too at what range ?

3. January 20, 2020 at 11:35 am

Yes even I have experienced that the minute my post is uploaded I receive likes which simply goes to say that they haven’t read it but have clicked it without reading and I don’t know why do they do that. It’s OKAY if you don’t want to read it but giving false hopes to the blogger that one has read it is cruel.

4. January 20, 2020 at 12:33 pm

I recently did a post about this. It’s my biggest blogging pet peeve. Sometimes it’s just people being up to their neck in responsibilities or drama. Most of the time, it’s just a narcissistic Facebook mentality where they don’t really care what’s going on in your blog. They’re only doing it to get likes in return.

I know for a fact that a third of the people who “liked” that post never read it either. I joked about making a post supporting something completely atrocious just to see how many people “like” it. I don’t want to be accused of being serious about liking whatever I made up the post about however.

• January 20, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Thank you Silk Cords.
      Interesting that you made a similar post.Give me the link and its worth enjoying reading the post.
      Yes what you said is true. Approximately 30 to 40% of the people press the ‘like’ button without bothering to read.
      If the policy of bloggers is….I press ‘like’button,if only you too press the ‘like’ button….makes no meaning at all in the blogosphere. Why to write posts at all ? Who reads ? It’s a strange situation.

5. January 20, 2020 at 1:07 pm

A couple of days back my iPad was singing with likes at rue rate of one per second! Someone must have been sitting there with a lot of my posts listed, reading nothing, and clicking like, like, like, like, like, ……… all meaning nothing. A comment is engagement, something to look forward to and be pleased about.

• January 20, 2020 at 1:08 pm

Blimey, my typing is a bit shaky this morning! That should read “ringing” and “at a rate”

• January 20, 2020 at 1:31 pm

Come on Dr B,these things are common. It’s perfectly ok.I understand.Many times I was also in similar situations.

• January 20, 2020 at 1:23 pm

OMG,you too experienced this ?
      Wecome to the ‘ wonders ‘ of blogosphere.Here no questions asked for one’s behaviour !
      Let all enjoy the melodious notification sound ! 😄😄
      Thank you Dr.B , it’s a pleasure interacting with you

6. January 20, 2020 at 5:02 pm

I guess both a strategy and a space for putting up your notion but discussion is better for both reader as well as writer.

7. January 24, 2020 at 3:53 pm

Life is a big puzzle as it leaves different meaning to people. Nice read.

8. February 4, 2020 at 1:44 pm

Technically they are called as blind likes. They just click on like without even seeing what you published. They go through the reader and just like what has been published at that point. It’s done mainly to get back the likes on their post too…
    It’s utter waste of time if you ask me. Those you genuinely care or read what you have written would take time and as per their convenience to read it before they like it.
    Anyway thinking aloud about such things makes up for one post…if not anything else… Isn’t it?

• February 4, 2020 at 1:49 pm

Ha ha 😄😄
      You made me smile to day especially your last paragraph
      .True.I must be thankful for those guys giving me a reason to write this post.

• February 4, 2020 at 2:17 pm

It was a pleasure visiting your blog after a long gap. As usual you are engaging your readers with all thought provoking posts. Make hay while the 🌞 shines … Isn’t it.. ( you writing the post on blind likes).
        Good to see you shining as bright as the 🌞 Sri..😁

9. February 13, 2020 at 5:32 am

Hi. I started blogging just a couple weeks ago and after a week of 0 engagement, someone liked one of my posts. It was a nice feeling and it helped motivate me to continue posting. In hindsight, this like was probably a blind like (I learned from the post above). Regardless, it gave me real motivation and I appreciated it regardless. Although I agree that it’s not the greatest practice, I don’t see it as being that bad. Interesting topic.

• February 13, 2020 at 9:43 am

Hi Evan,thank you so much.
      Yes.Every ‘like’ one gets automatically results in ‘feel good’ and boosts ones confidence.
      But all of us are intelligent enough to know the seriousness and the intent of the reader.
      Personally I feel nothing like interactions in the form of comments.
      Even single comments like…great,marvellous,etc doesn’t make a reasonable interaction.
      Thanks again