Do You own yourself or you are owned ?
Do you belong to ‘Yourself’ ?
When it comes to being yourself,you feel helpless as there is lot of pressure from outside world which tries to own you and influence you.
Since the present world is ruled by social media, conformity is the norm and peer pressure being at its peak and that chances of one being influenced is 100%.
If we are succumbing to the social media and start copying,does it not mean we have herd mentality ?
“One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be,rather than being yourself ” Shannon.L.Alder
To start with we are influenced by the parents.Later in the school days by friends.Now social media has taken an upper hand. Advertisements,tv commercials and release of new models of the products etc influencing your decisions.
We succumb to the pressures both from our intimate circle and society.And you agree with me that Advertising and Social media can easily manipulate us as to how we should eat,what we should wear,how to attract people,whether we are fat or skinny,what is good,what is bad etc.
Is it that difficult to be true to yourself ? Why you give in to the peer pressure ?
“Our time is limited.So don’t waste it living someone else’s life ” Steve Jobs
We follow others blindly,forgetting that each individual is unique.
How to own oneself ?
- Be original.No trials here. No question of ‘Low-self-esteem’ Don’t get easily influenced.
- Take responsibility for your life,be good or bad.Take control of feelings.Have confidence in you and stay strong.
- Don’t compare.
- Maintain self respect.
- Change your attitude towards others.Never invite negative energy.
- Be honest and frank.
- Don’t try to please each and every one.
- Learn to say ‘no’ by creating personal boundaries.
- Realize your strengths and weaknesses.
- Rise up to the new challenges.
Philosophy Through Photography