Is growing old,a count down or count up ?( Happy international day of older persons- Oct 1 st )
Is it not a fact that we dread getting old ?
Why people in general have a defeatist attitude towards aging process ?
Is it not a bias against aged people ?
How is the way you want to be addressed as you are growing old ?
Elderly person,senior citizen,oldy,senile or old-timer,learned man/woman ?
General feeling is aged people lose their capacity to discharge their responsibilities,resulting in majority going into depression.
And ‘forgetfulness’ is blamed because of aging.
Old age said to be the seat of illness,reduced reflexes,loss of memory etc.I do agree.But all is not lost.
To all the senior citizens in the world, hey,stop sulking and remember the saying of Robert Browning, ” Grow old with me ,the best is yet to be ”
When does old age begin ?
Old age is said to start after 45.
Scientists define any age after 60.
Researchers have discovered many advantages of aging.
And how do you summarize aging process in a positive way ?
On a humorous note
” The best thing about growing older is that one is not yet dead !”
- Knowledge and maturity of old people is extremely beneficial.
- Wisdom of aged people at its best, and all the times.No surprise the proverb ‘ Old is Gold’ is popular.
- Old people don’t care what others think about them and can take independent decisions.
- Lack of stress since bringing up the family is a finished chapter.No worries.
- Spending time with Grand children.
- Ability to spend more time with loved ones.
- Old people rarely make foolish mistakes.
- Old people are better connected and this is helpful in times of distress.
- Senior citizen benefits,priorities at airport etc.
- No taking craps from the idiots.
- You have nothing to lose.
- Emotional maturity at its best.
“Youth is a gift of nature,but age is a work of art ” Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
“wrinkles mean you laughed,Grey hair means you cared,and scars mean you lived” unknown
Wishing senior citizens a wonderful time.
Dear readers feel free to write about your thoughts on old age and the advantages it can bring to the society.
Philosophy Through Photography