The swear word ‘F’ in Hollywood Movies

As an Indian I always wondered why most of the Hollywood movies/TV serials have F* word in most of the dialogues.

Check this out

Wikipedia gives us the list of movies and also total number of times the word f* used. (from 1978 to 2018 )

List of Films that most frequently use the word’Fuck’

It’s a taboo here in India to even utter just ‘F’

As I checked the  following  quora link,I realized the word F*** can have different meanings depending on the circumstance,apart from sexual connotations !

Why is the word F*** used so many times in English Movies,eventhough,it doesn’t make any sense sometimes ?

Please share your thoughts.

Pixabay.Youtube,Quora

11 comments for “The swear word ‘F’ in Hollywood Movies

1. April 20, 2019 at 12:16 pm

As a child growing up in New Zealand I was taught that the ‘f’ and ‘c’ words were not acceptable. Numerous people in New Zealand and Australia use those words in their daily language. I still find those words unacceptable. To deal with it I have to ignore it.

• April 20, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Allys Notebook.
      Appreciate for the feedback.yes here in India too we find it weird but always wondered about its usage so frequently.I guess it all depends on the acceptability in the society .

2. April 20, 2019 at 12:19 pm

I think the users of those words don’t see them as rude and crude.

3. April 21, 2019 at 10:43 am

I’ve been told I should swear more. They can get F….ed,lol…I personally hate the “C” word and I suffer from dyslexia. So I try to not to swear, just because I feel for myself personally, I want to learn proper English.

• April 21, 2019 at 10:55 am

Really ?
      You are told to swear more !!
      Both usage or F & C words are disgusting in my part of the world.
      I am sorry you have dyslexia problem.With treatment I am sure you are much better now.
      All the best for your attempts to learn better English.

4. April 21, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Meh. Why you should waste your time and patience with this word? I totally hate it.

• April 21, 2019 at 1:03 pm

True I too hate this
      But day and night all Hollywood movies TV serials blasting this particular word and I have fallen sick .
      Only treatment available as per doctor’s,just ignore this lest you too start using these words.
      Thanks Katherine for your insight.