But then who cares !

Seven days without laughter makes one weak.     Mort Walker                                                 Image  by dkunert by Pixabay

It’s a 3.4 minute read.

Have you studied the facial expressions in the above photos ?

They are all laughing…their heads off ! This is happening irrespective of their age.This laugh is spontaneous and heartful. Since you are smart, you know that it is not a fake laugh.

Being intelligent, you also noticed that, some of them have closed their eyes,indicating total involvement and contentment of the situation they are in and the life they are living at that moment !

“A smile is the beginning of laughter,and laughter is the feeling of being happy,which we all need every day” ! Byron Pulsifer

Don’ take life seriously,start having fun ,what ever way you wish and have at least one good laugh every day !

Have a hearty laugh at every available situations be amusing or funny.Even recollect something funny that happened in your life and laugh and laugh and laugh.

I love friends who make us happy by their laughter and who are also jovial.

And I am lucky to have lovely online friends,who make my life burden lighter with their humor.

Advantages of Laughter –brings down the stress level,Reduces the Blood pressure,Your worries gone for sometime,You are also spending the calories,even improve the immune system

A hearty laugh gives one a dry cleaning, while a good cry is a wet wash.
Puzant Kevork Thomajan

And talking about sound sleep ……. Lack of sleep is common in modern society.

From the interactions I had with a few WP readers,I realised that some of them are able to respond/reply/comment mostly during past midnight ( people from my part of the Indian Subcontinent ). I am not here for any judgment,since I know nothing of their schedule etc,but I wonder what is the mood like during that time, and how their next day is going to be and also the consequences on their health status in the long run.

Reduced sleep

Disturbed sleep ( insomnia) or Lack of sleep ( Sleep deprivation).

1.Insomnia is a sleep disorder due to psychological or health problems and one has to consult the physician for the cure.

2.Lack of sleep is human making.You get ready answer as to why one is not able to sleep enough.

Lack of sleep affects your immune system.( I don’t want to go into medical /scientific details).If you want your immune system to work at its best…then get the needed amount of sleep every night Don’t give excuses of stress etc.

On the contrary,good sleep reduces your stress level !

Don’t depend on sedatives or tranquilizers ! Remember lack of sleep makes you depressed.

“Sometimes it is difficult to remember, but other times it is very easy to remember. Sleep deprivation is the killer”. Andy Samberg

Please share your thoughts and views
Bottom Image credit-No claudio_scott by Pixabay been loaded

54 comments for “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book. – Irish proverb

1. February 23, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Couldn’t agree more ….
    More than the Buddha ….I think Laughing Buddha is preferred to adorn the décor… That says volumes about the need of a hearty laugh…
    Sleep….uhmm…I am not the right person to talk about it….when we have the specialist here…
    Only one doubt Doc….Can a Good dose of the 1st cure compromise for the 2nd cure’s lack? 😜. A genuine doubt please don’t take it lightly…

• February 25, 2019 at 9:33 am

Hi ,Ana .Purpose of Laughing Buddha is a good example.
      The tough question you put to me …made me burst into laughter and also do a thorough research and now I can tell that the Immunity one gets in Hearty Laughter and the immunity one is benefitted for a Healthy Sleep are different and human beings require both types of Immune production in the body for a healthy life.
      So the lesson learnt..You can’t afford to lose one for the other just because you are rich with the other.You need both.
      Another lesson learnt…..Be prepared for readily answering some mischievous /tricky questions !

• February 25, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Oho…U literally cornered me this time….the side effects of arguing on and on with a Doc, I suppose…if you were from other profession, I would surely finished and wiped u of in an argument. ..but you are too good with the technicalities…so I better back off.
        Prbly will have to wait till your nxt post for full on masthi and mischief with you hopefully 😉 …

• February 25, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Ummm…time to take a deep breath and relax since I guess I replied reasonably.Be merciful at times.Amen

• February 25, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Haha….aaram se jawo aur apna khana khawo…
            God is merciful to one and all …it’s just that some people…(put on any one’s name you like) can take on the role of giving you a hard sweet time something like a khatta meeta combination which is essential for a chatpata life. ..Don’t u agree Sri? …☺

• February 25, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Yes.This time …I have to agree with you.
              khatta Meeta is liked by everybody na ? Time to have Haldiram’s Khatta meeta ! Right now I am having a fresh pack.Please come and join !
              Life is full of Khatta Meeta na ? And essential for a Chatpata Jeevan.
              Agree again.

• February 25, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Haha…tho aap bhi Haldiram ke khatta meeta ka fan ho? Khao ji khawo..aur khoob enjoy karo…waise Bikaner’s khatta meeta bhi mast hein…you parcel up some for me thru virtual world na… just like that hug….😜

• February 25, 2019 at 2:00 pm

Sure sure ….my pleasure to send volia virtual world soon.Let me search the shops here where Bikaner khatta meets is available, otherwise adjust with Haldirams

2. February 23, 2019 at 7:20 pm

I am still waiting for the answer….Hope you wouldn’t mind kindly addressing my genuine doubt? Would a Good dose of laugh throughout the day compensate for a late sleep?

• February 23, 2019 at 7:25 pm

I am temporarily Out of service.Please contact me once the services are restored.

• February 23, 2019 at 7:36 pm

😁😁😁….BSNL tho nahi na aapka service provider? If is it so… mein gayi kaam se…enakku answer kidacha maadhiri than…😏

3. February 23, 2019 at 7:22 pm

I am speechless/wordless right now (temporarily).Let us see When I gain my voice.

4. February 23, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Really…? Let’s try Bluetooth mike system… ☺

5. February 23, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Oh Ana you have decided not leave in me with peace of mind till I answer your query !All the Gods now I beg to give the the strength to answer the toughest question I faced in my life,till that time I doubtful of my capabilities.So 🐻 with me

6. February 23, 2019 at 11:57 pm

I was reading about taking yourself too seriously about which I am going to write on Monday and one thing occure – one who takes himself seriously nevel laughs. NEVER. It is like a disease, don’t you think? And this sleeping problem – well, yes, nobody cares anymore about good rest, taking care of yourself and spending time just doing what makes you happy, including a piece of being in your bed. That is why we are too nervous, sick and with a lack of empathy one to another.

• February 24, 2019 at 7:20 am

Great reply and analysis Author Anagalicblog.
      True.No life at all if the life is serious always .
      About not sleeping.Yes,we loose our moods and highly irritated and lack empathy.Thank you for your wonderful insight.

7. February 24, 2019 at 11:49 am

Even if there is nothing to laugh about, laugh on credit.💞🤣🤣🤣🤣

8. February 25, 2019 at 1:08 pm

You,Efi ……with usual signature humour.Made my day.

9. February 25, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Haha….got the virtual treat😁… Yum…i would say 50:50 just like our zindhagi….

• February 25, 2019 at 3:02 pm

If you say zindagi is 50:50…..you are the luckiest girl.kush raho hamesha !
      Generally Zindagi is 93% khatta 7% meetha.

• February 26, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Haha…arre life ka percent tho hamesha jaise ki aapne kaha hi hein….lekin janab ye 50:50 ka ratio hamesha hamare perception mein honi chayiye the way we look at our life…kyun Dr ji mein ne teek kaha na?

10. February 26, 2019 at 4:25 pm

True what you said and definitely one must make attempt for 50:50, but… the life is life na!😂
    Koshish to jaroor kar sakte 🙃Lekin jaroor haarenge!

11. February 28, 2019 at 11:23 pm

A good sound sleep is essential for a hearty laughter….!!

12. March 1, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Rhyming again, is it? Koshish tho jaari hein …it’s just the dheri of an attempt…. isn’t it?

13. March 9, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Sleep is so important for vitality! My children have always had issues with their sleep. It is do with anxiety. They sleep well once asleep. it is the getting to sleep that is the problem

14. March 10, 2019 at 11:19 am

Hi Sri,
    Love the Irish proverb especially. I think laughter definitely helps people through hard times. Laughter certainly helped me through my work As an ex nurse, midwife and Public Health Practitioner. Only just really thought about that aspect.
    Certainly humour helped Irish people through hard times and my late parents were a prime example. I feel honoured that their humour has been passed on to my brother and I.

15. March 15, 2019 at 11:19 pm

Reblogged this on I call her Mnimi and commented:
    Oh, absolutely! Gotta share this! 😀

16. April 16, 2019 at 8:50 pm

Thank you for this post. Just reading it made me feel more relaxed and happy. I love those faces. Joy!

17. RPR