Before you plug in a multiple socket, know how much power an outlet can pocket.!!!
Many people boast about their ability in Multitasking and even telling that, this is their single biggest achievement in their lives.
What is multitasking?
Well, initially it started as an ability of computer to do assigned jobs simultaneously,thus saving lot of time.
However the idea slowly creeped into the Human brains.
Also we are all aware that human brain thinks very high of itself all the time !!! Here is the example quoted humorously.
With age comes skills, it’s called multitasking. I can laugh,cough,sneeze & pee, all at the same time.
Joke apart,let me give you, some day to day examples.
- Talking over phone while cooking ( as Debra does in Everybody loves Raymond TV serials)
- Driving the vehicle during a phone conversation.
- Getting down the stairs,while talking over the phone.
- Sending e-mails during a servious discussion.
- Answering a phone call while attending a customer.I can go on and on.
“To do two things at a time is to do neither” – Pubillous Syrus in I st century BC
If you Carefully look In the above photo,you can notice the gentleman is doing multiple things at the same time.
1. Enjoying the songs through headphone.
2. Something kept in his mouth,I am not sure may be a red candy or a plastic card.
3. And he is also checking the currency notes in the purse.
“The irony of multitasking is that it’s exhausting: when you’re doing two or three things simultaneously, you use more energy than the sum of energy required to do each task independently. You’re also cheating yourself because your’re not doing anything excellently. You’re compromising your virtuosity. In the words of T. S. Elliot, you’re ‘distracted from distractions by distractions”.Twyla Tharp
The truth of multitasking well said by Heidi Klum
“I’m quite good at multitasking, but I have to do things immediately”
finally….. Remember Multitasking is injurious to the brain-scientifically proved.
Thank you so much for your patience and taking your time to reach this point.