Honestly speaking……….

honesty,fairness

Let us be frank.
Let us be even brutally frank.

Is it possible to be honest 100%, throughout in your life ?

Are we honest with ourselves, or with our friends ?

Are we honest in our business or dealings ?

Are we honest with our colleagues ?

Are we honest with our spouses and children ?

Can you count the number of times,you lied so far ?

We lie to our children when they are, say between 2 to 7 yrs  that storks bring children ,Tooth Fairy or Father Christmas ,or telling a person on death bed not to worry and that he/she going to live longer etc.( of course with good intention to encourage the person)…just a few examples

we continue to lie each and every day to others, depending upon the situations and circumstances.This is a kind of ‘Escapism’ or ‘Giving Excuses’

Many a time we lie because we don’t want to embarrass.

You may also lie so as not to hurt others or may lie to get the things done.

What about ‘plagiarism’ ?

So lying is part and parcel of our life and you can’t separate the two.

Honesty hence not necessarily be the best policy, in certain situations.

What is your take  ? Please share your views.

“No such thing as a man willing to be honest-that would be like a blind man willing to see”    F.Scott Fitzgerald

image -pixabay

10 comments for “Honestly speaking……….

1. July 22, 2018 at 8:39 pm

There’s a poem on this subject on my site, if you wish to type it’s title into the search box, called “How to Make Your Word into Law.” It’s not easy — at all — but here’s one person who tells no lies.

2. July 23, 2018 at 6:46 am

Sure.Look into the poem.

3. July 23, 2018 at 9:16 am

U r right

4. July 23, 2018 at 11:49 am

I think there’s truth in the notion that we are in some ways least honest with our own selves. That is, our egos get in the way.

5. July 25, 2018 at 12:55 am

I think there is something to be said about being impeccable with one’s word. I do my best to speak with integrity, and find this practice to curtail suffering, not only for myself but for others.

While there are indeed times where honesty may not be the best policy, such the joy the idea of Santa Claus brings to a child on Christmas morning, I find honesty in most circumstances to bring less harm than a lie.

• July 25, 2018 at 6:26 am

Yes.I agree.Honesty is the best policy …still holds good and more so in 21 st century.I could not agree more with your statement ‘speak with integrity’‘.Thank you so much for the feed back and stopping by